Here are some helpful tips to guide you at the YOGA loft. You’ll want to check them out if you’re a YOGA loft newbie, but even if you’re a yoga buff you may find a few good tips you forgot!
- Make it part of your yoga practice to arrive at least 10-15 minutes early.
This gives you time to sign in, relax and prepare to practice. We understand that situations occur; however, arriving late to class can be disruptive to others. We will only allow a 10 minute window for latecomers after the class starts. If you are late, please prepare yourself for class at the door and have your mat ready to unroll quietly as you enter the room.
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio. Help us keep the studio clean!
- Please turn off mobile phones before entering the studio, all the way off… we can hear it vibrating during class.
- We provide blocks& straps (at the back of the room). We do have limited mats for use (please come to class early to ensure you get one) and Jade mats for hire. We are happy for you to bring your own mat.
- Read class descriptions and take the class that’s appropriate for your level of experience. You will enjoy your class more and maximize the benefits.
- Tell your teacher about any injuries or special health conditions that might affect your practice. We can suggest modifications and help you enjoy your practice more.
- Practice good hygiene and avoid wearing scents.
- Keep your gear fresh and clean. From your yoga clothing to your mat and yogi toes, regular cleaning is appreciated. Writing your name on your mat and/or yogi toes will help you identify it if you lose it or forget it in the studio.
- Wipe up your “liquid energy” (also called sweat). After class, we have antibacterial microfibre wipes and antibacterial spray for the mats at the back of the studio, so please clean your mat after your practice. We do provide full steam cleaning of the mats each day, but this just helps to keep it clean between classes.
- The most important thing… enjoy yourself and have fun with your yoga practice!
IMPORTANT: If you are new to the Studio please download the registration form below complete it and bring it with you on your first visit.